2023 Golf Open @ River Rd. Park

September 30, 2023 - River Road Park - 12575 River Rd, Carmel, IN 46033

10:00 am -12:00 pm with awards immediately following. Plaques are given to each member of the winning team and also each member of the team with the highest score.

Come out and make radio contacts with a golf-inspired game. Over the course of two hours, each team will set up a portable station and make contact with no more than 18 people. These 18 contacts represent your 18 holes on the golf course. Every contact is given a stroke value based on where they are calling you from. Teams are given a handicap score based on various participation criteria. For example, you may raise your handicap by dressing your team in full golf regalia or operating QRP only. The team with the lowest score takes home the prize.

Handicap bonuses:

• 10 Points - QRP (10 W or less)
  • 10 Points - ALL team members wearing golf attire
  • 5 Points - Battery powered station
  • 5 Points - Golf equipment incorporated into your equipment

Rules:

• Have Fun
  • Lowest Score wins
  • 2 hr time limit - Must set up station and make all contacts within the 2 hour window
  • Each contact represents one “hole”
  • No calling for specific states
  • Unfinished holes = 5 stroke penalty
  • Stroke values are based states and their distance away from Indiana. Longer distance = lower stroke value.
  • All DX stations are a “hole-in-one”.

The current teams are:

W9CZK & KD9YGD
W9SDM & K9QL
W9DCI & KC9AAP

Please respond to this thread or send an email to admin@pigletradio.org to register your team. If you want us to choose a team mate for you, simply reply to this thread and state that.

I’m in but prob won’t have a radio with me. Who wants a great logging partner?! :smile: (I could bring an autotuner, end fed random wire, 16 ft crappie pole, or wind river coil whip if needed.)

I’ll be there! Looking forward to defending my high score!