POTA RaDAR Run Fall 2022!

Hello, Piglets,

The time has come that we can now claim a Lion award for N9BCN! The cooler fall weather has made it more pleasant to spend time outdoors. With that in mind, I have a proposal for those willing to step up to the challenge.

A little over an hour north of us are Mississinewa and Salamonie Lake. Between those two lakes, there are more than enough POTA sites to qualify for a RaDAR run. By that I mean there are more than 12 POTA entities that we will need to activate from in the course of one day. Having done this before in the spring, all I can say is that it will be crazy, intense, and most importantly loads of fun!

The logistics of this will be somewhat simple, drive up in the morning as a small group (the number of cars/stations depends on the size of the group) and then work each of the POTA sites in the area until we get our Lion award! I was thinking we would leave before 8 and hit our first park before 9:30. We would then work our way to the various parks and evenutally break for lunch. Afterwards we would finish the parks that remain and head home victorious! Map of the adventure linked here: Fall POTA Lion Run - Google My Maps

In the past, we minimized the number of QSOs at each park to 12 in order to reach all the sites efficiently. Depending on the number of people we may operate more than one station and we may use the N9BCN call and pass the mic around so everyone gets that QSO and the club call gets it too.

Let me know if you plan to attend this event and we will work out the finer details as time goes on!

• Going
  • Not Going

0 voters